About a month ago, we decided to have a Twilight Party, with the idea that we would eat good food and play a drinking game to the movie. I Googled 'Twilight drinking game' and found out that there are a plethora of so-called Twilight drinking games- some made up BEFORE the movie came out, so there were instructions to drink during things that actually didn't make it into the movie. Yeah, weird. So I decided to make up my own.
I figured, how hard could it be? Folks, NOT HARD AT ALL. We ALL know there's plenty of fodder in this little gem! I culled from the best of the existing games, and added some of my own ideas, and voila. We decorated with the two Edward Cullen posters, mustachioed and noteworthy, and my friend Talya and I came up with a tapas style menu that was sort of Twilight themed, to add tastyness to our evening:
• Lamb meatballs with sour cherry sauce (looks like chunky blood, and tastes like a little bit of tangy heaven.)
• French bread with roasted garlic (I know that goes against the Twilight mythology, but garlic is tasty, y'all, and it IS a classic vampire staple.)
• Tomato Basil soup (yum, yum, yumminess that goes with the blood theme.)
• Grilled steak served on a bed of arugula with parmesan, olive oil and lemon, with a side of garlic mashed potatoes (in honor of Charlie and Bella always eating meat and potatoes)
• Chocolate cookies with a Nutella center that oozes out like yummy chocolate-hazelnut blood when you bite it.
Ahhh... delightful. I recommend making either sangria or bloody mary's to drink. However, we had a bunch of beer drinking guys in attendance, so we stuck with that. Before I list out the rules, I do have some advice to would-be Twilight drinking game participants: this is supposed to be fun. If you really hate the movie, or are an angry drunk, don't play. This is not the activity for you. Trust me, it WON'T be fun. Still with me? Okay, here goes:
The Twilight Drinking Game
Take ONE Drink Whenever:
• Edward and Bella stare silently at each other
• Bella touches her hair
• Charlie looks very, very uncomfortable
• Bella stammers
• Jasper looks like Edward Scissorhands
• Edward smiles his 'crooked' smile
• Bella bites her lip
• James cocks his head to one side
• Mike refers to Bella as 'Arizona'
• Bella trips - take TWO drinks if Edward catches her
• Any vampire hisses like a cat
• Someone says the word 'monkey'
• Edward does something creepy or possessive and Bella finds it romantic
• Any vampire sparkles, until said sparkling is completed
Y'ALL, you will be drinking NON-STOP! Seriously, I only made it through the sparkling bit- that scene is LOOOONG when you are chugging pumpkin ale, let me tell you- before i had to stop drinking. The movie wasn't even half over, and we were eating a LOT of food, but I was done for. So, if any of you try this, please let me know how far you make it. Bottoms up!
Check out our Twilight themed t-shirts!