Here it is folks, you know you've been waiting for it! So whether you're going to be staying up tonight and hanging out with your friends at a 'Border's Midnight Release Party', or picking up your copy some time over the weekend, New Moon is on DVD.
In anticipation of all your needs, I have come up with an official FYA New Moon Drinking Game to further the enjoyment of your weekend festivities!
First off, you need to have appropriate food. Last year, with my Twilight Drinking Game, I went wild making up Twilight-themed food. This year-- yeah, we're doing burgers. Rare. (Not actually, cause, ewww, food poisoning, but it sounded cooler.)
However, this year I'm concentrating on the appropriate beverage, and folks, it doesn't get better than this:
Blood Orange Sangria
2 Bottles red wine
2 tablespoons sugar
Juice of 3 blood oranges
Juice of 2 lemons
1 blood orange, sliced thin crosswise
1 lemon, sliced thin crosswise
2 pears, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
3 peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup fresh blackberries
2 cups club soda
Combine all the ingredients except for the club soda in a large punch bowl or serving pitcher, mixing well.
Immediately before serving, mix in the club soda for added fizz.
This is my own personal take on various recipes, and it's some seriously tasty business, if I do say so. Plus, not only are we using blood oranges, but in Spanish, 'Sangria' means 'bloodletting'. So...well, gross, right?
Okay, now for the drinking game:
The New Moon Drinking Game
Take One Drink:
• Whenever any vampire walks in slow motion.
• Whenever Bella has a horrendous nightmare.
• Whenever any male in the movie takes off his shirt. (I was originally going to say whenever there's male upper body nudity on screen, but that's just too much drinking, you guys. You wouldn't have time to breathe. So just when somebody takes off their shirt.)
• Whenever Bella gasps for breath from the crushing grief.
• Whenever you see jorts on screen, the last person to call out "jorts!" takes one drink.
• When Charlie tells Bella she should learn to love what's good for her (with a rousing chorus of 'cheers!')
• Whenever Bella hallucinates seeing Edward.
• Whenever Bella does something 'stupid or reckless' so she will hallucinate seeing Edward.
• Whenever someone says the words 'stupid or reckless'.
• Whenever anyone mentions Face Punch.
• Whenever any member of the wolf pack, while in human form, howls or makes references about wolves and bags and things.
• Whenever Bella and Jacob almost kiss.
• For the Volturi Elevator scene.
• Whenever Dakota Fanning or Michael Sheen are on the screen. (Because of their awesomeness, duh!)
• As ever, whenever any vampire sparkles, until said sparkling is completed-- including that horrible Laura Ashley 'premonition' Alice shows to Aro.
• When the room spins round and round to show the passing of months. However, I recommend looking away from the television whilst doing this, to avoid vomiting.
So there it is! I hope you enjoy, and bottoms up!
Check out our Twilight themed t-shirts!