HOLY HOGWARTS you guys. Jenny and I went to the midnight screening of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1) last night, and MOTHER OF DUMBLEDORE IT WAS AMAZING. We spazzed, we laughed, we lost our shizz, we cried like little Muggle babies. This was by far the darkest and most terrifying Potter film, and I gotta say, it's tough to play a drinking game when you're busy wondering if your heart has, in fact, stopped beating. But here at FYA, we believe in the magic of alcohol, so think of this game as a spell that will help you survive some v. v. dark times. You are a mighty wizard, and liquor is yr wand. ENCHANT THROUGH THE PAIN, Y'ALL.
With that said, Jenny and I recommend that you actually NOT engage in the drinking game until after your first viewing of the movie. Because we care about
your liver you, and we want you to actually remember the second half of the film. But after you've dried yr tears and confirmed that there are no insanely huge poisonous snakes in yr vicinity, grab some fire whiskey and LET'S MAKE SOME MAGIC.
The Official FYA Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1) Drinking Game!
Take a drink when:
• someone drinks Polyjuice Potion.
• Ron makes a ridiculously awesome face.
• Death Eater smoke appears.
• someone pulls an item out of Hermione's bag.
• Bellatrix makes crazy eyes.
• there's a close-up of a wand.
• Nagini appears.
• Harry experiences a Voldemort flashback.
Take a shot every time:
• the Deathly Hallows symbol appears.
• wizards hate on Muggles (all forms of expression included).
• Neville appears.
• you get really, really scared, because hello, liquid courage! (you're welcome.)
Cheers (and drink) when:
• you finally meet Bill Weasley.
• the Weasley twins make a funny.
• Luna first appears.
• a Horcrux is destroyed.
• during the multiple Harry scene, from the moment the first person begins to transform until the camera reaches the end of the line.
• any time Hermione cries, for the entire duration of her tears.
Pour one out (in yr mouth) every time:
• a beloved character dies.
• Dobby is on the screen because DOBBY NOOOOOO!
• Dumbledore appears.