What up, club kids! As you may know, we're having a REAL LIVE IN PERSON meeting of our FYA Book Club on Sunday to discuss Lauren Oliver's Delirium, which I will be reviewing later today. But we understand that not everyone can just hop in their private jet and fly to Austin to join us, although if you actually do own a private jet, please contact us about our very feasible prices for entourage services.
Anyhoo, since YA has made us sensitive to people feeling like loners and rejects, we've decided to continue our virtual book club meetings so everyone can feel included! Aw, warm fuzzies! If you've had the chance to experience the dystopian amazingness that is this novel, step inside the FYABC and LET'S TALK ABOUT LOVE.
If you've never attended a FYABC meeting before, you should know a few things:
1. We divide the questions up by category, so make sure you include the title of that category in your response so that conversation is easier to follow.
2. Drinking is encouraged (like I need to tell you that).
3. We're talking about the entire book, so if you haven't finished it yet, get out of here before we spoil it!
1. Who would you give your BFF charm to and why?
2. Who do you most want to face punch?
3. Do you think Alex is still alive?
4. Do you think any of the characters besides Lena will make an appearance in the next book?
1. What was your top OMG/WTF moment?
2. What do you think of the dystopian United States that Oliver created? What do you think the world beyond the borders is like? What's going on in other countries?
3. HOW ABOUT THAT ENDING, HUH?
Drama In Real Life
1. If you were Lena, would you have made any choices differently?
2. Have you ever experienced heartbreak of such magnitude that the procedure would start to sound good to you?
3. Do you think there's any truth to the sentiment behind the Book of Shhh or any of the other government materials?