Last night I was lounging around playing my Vampire Diaries board game, like I do, when it occurred to me that we haven't had a post where we specifically outline the Official Rules to the drinking game for the show! Actually, that's not true. Not at all. It was our lovely reader Lindsay who brought this to my attention. And also I was at work. THEN Lindsay, devoted to Salvatore shirtlessness that she is, actually went through the recaps to compile all of the piece-meal rules we've added with almost each episode! So Lindsay, if ever our paths bring us to the same city, I will be buying you some champ cans!
Since there are only TWO episodes left of this season (WHAT are we going to do all summer?!!!) both Lindsay and myself want you all to be able to make the most of what TVD drinky times you have left... until season 3, that is...
Now, you probably already know MOST of these rules. In fact, a lot of the ideas came from you the reader, because we here at FYA are nothing if not
lushes people who believe in democracy for the people! But here they all are, in printable format, so you don't have to think before you drink!
The Official FYA Drinking Game: The Vampire Diaries
Take One Drink:
• Whenever any character is shirtless
• For Flashbacks!
• If you are ever fooled by the Katherine/Elena Parent Trap thing
• Whenever Elena and Damon (or Damon and Stefan or Damon and whomever he's with) make meaningful eye contact
• Whenever someone has a sad
• When the moonstone is mentioned
• When Damon makes crazy eyes
• When someone says 'the curse of the sun and moon'
• When anybody mentions the hundred witches
• When the Salvatores do fisticuffs
• Whenever someone is awesome (broad, I know, but let me list them in order of how much drinking is usually done for said awesomeness, by character: Damon, Alaric, Katherine, Young Harry Hamlin, Stefan)
• Whenever the witch-folk do the vampire migraine thing
• For the juicebox, whenever she appears
Finish Your Drink:
• For Shirtless Salvatore Fisticuffs (if ever there is an occasion. CW, I'm lookin' at you.)
Take a Shot:
• Whenever someone, previously dead, comes back to life
Pour One Out:
• If a character dies for reals
There you have it! Bottoms up!