YOU GUYS!!!!!! It's here! The final installment of Harry Potter! To commemorate this end of an era, we at FYA will do what we always do:
cry softly into our beers make a drinking game!
Now, I have to share, I feel like I've gone up against my very own Deatheater this week, in the form of a Ford F150 whose driver was so busy looking at an accident on the other side of the road that she didn't see me ON MY BICYCLE, stopped in the turning lane, waiting for my turn, and almost RAN ME OVER. But thankfully, just like Harry and his friends, quick thinking saved my life, and I was able to avoid being hit head-on. And though the impact left my bike much like poor Harry's Nimbus 2000 when the Whomping Willow got a hold of it, I ALMOST landed on my feet, and have seemingly escaped with only minor injuries. Time will tell.
So in the interim, I have hobbled on to the theatre this midnight with the express purpose of saying farewell to Hogwarts and all its inhabitants -- former and present -- in style! With alcohol!
So print off the rules below, head to your local theatre, get your wand/drink in your hand, put love in your heart, get your friends by your side, and TEAR EVIL APART!!!!!!!
SPOILER ALERT! IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK, AND WANT THE MOVE TO BE A SURPRISE, STOP READING NOW!
The Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 Drinking Game
Take One Drink:
• Every time Harry has a vision of Voldemort
• When anyone picks up a new wand
• Every time you see the painting of Ariana Dumbledore
• Whenever you look at Aberforth or young Lily, and realize that they both have brown eyes
• The Order's entrance to Hogwarts
• Whenever Filch is on screen
• When McGonagall says "I've always wanted to use that spell!"
• For Ron faces
• Whenever a beloved character does something truly defining and awesome
• Each time Helena Ravenclaw turns her back suddenly
• When you meet Albus Severus Potter
Cheers and drink:
• At Neville's first appearance
• For "You wonderful boy, brave, brave man!"
• When you hear "Yeah, you and whose army?"
• Whenever you see the whirly branches in the Pensive scene, for the duration of their whirling
• WHEN RON AND HERMIONE FINALLY KISS!!!!!!
Take One Shot:
• For "Not MY daughter, you BITCH!"
• When Neville-Mother-Fucking-Longbottom kills that mother-fucking snake!!!
Pour One Out: (down your throat for)
• Every person we lost
• The serious lack of Oliver Wood in this film