It's that time again! What time? (You might ask.) Time for us to use
our biased opinion science to analyze a Google Image Search of one of our favorite YA characters, Cameron Quick, of course!
Just as Posh has done with Marcus Flutie and Jonah Griggs, I will be typing Cameron Quick's name into Google, and
passing judgement providing commentary on the good, the bad and the WTFery of thumbnails that search provides. As always, I won't click on any of the images to learn why, exactly, they have been presented in my search, the better to remain uninformed keep things real.
1. Why hello, Cameron Quick! So glad yours is the first image I spy with my little eye! I do believe that if anyone comes close to Cameron Quick, it's this guy.
2. Aw, it's the book cover! Yay! Gimme a cookie.
3. Well, well, well, if it isn't our very own MLD icon! How appropriate, considering Cameron Quick is the MLD to end all MLDs.
4. Um, Is that the way you're supposed to throw a football? Because it looks very, very awkward. And possibly painful. Anyway, you sir, are no Cameron Quick.
5. I don't understand. A drawing of Tom Waits is cool and all, but what does it have to do with Cameron Quick?
6. I have no idea what's even going on here. A drug deal? A fast food exchange?
7. No. Never. If this guy was being considered to play Cameron Quick I'd have to start a protest.
8. EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS PICTURE IS WRONG.
9. Ah, look everybody! It's How To Say Goodbye in Robot, by Natalie Standiford! I think this image was just there to cleanse our palates of the previous one.
10. Okay, British PM, not what I was looking for. How did a conservative win the election again?
11. I just... I don't understand. Unless this is a picture of the sofa you'll always be keeping for Cameron Quick, if he happens to show up and need a place to crash.
12. Get a rope.
13. Okay, group of guys in tuxes. Perhaps one of you would make an excellent Cameron Quick. I'm too distracted by your bad haircuts to tell.
14. YES. YES. YES. He definitely has the guns acting chops to pull off Cameron Quick.
15. Wow. I would live here. Did Cameron Quick build this? I knew he was dabbling in carpentry...
16. Oh, I'd like to fight back, David Cameron.
17. Hey!!! I don't even HAVE to click on this to know that it's the February edition of our very own calendar image! We're famous! Where's our boat?
19. I'm just going to assume that all of these kids are holding up signs that say how much they love Sweethearts.
20. Bad covers! On a sofa! Hey, maybe that's a good title for our new coffee table book! Also? Ouch, emo girl! That's gonna leave a mark.
21. I would like to unsee what I have just seen.
And THAT wraps up our Cameron Quick edition of Picture Pages! I think it's pretty obvious that there was only one winner this time around. Mostly... I'm just confused. Now it's your turn! Feel free to leave your own
snap judgements scientific observations in the comments!