Allow me to make a bold statement. I am, without a doubt, the #1 swimfan of The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen.
I've raved about it, swooned over it and even listed it as one of my top five YA novels of ALL TIME, SON. And today, in yet another testament to my obsession, I present a mixtape of songs inspired by this most holy of YA texts. Crank it up, close your eyes and dream about nights of catering disasters, waffles and games of Truth with Wes...
1. The Smashing Pumpkins: Perfect
Macy, in the beginning.
2. The American Analog Set: Slow Company
3. The Strokes: You Only Live Once
Macy follows the Wish van.
4. Shania Twain: That Don't Impress Me Much
5. Blondie: One Way Or Another
6. Tal Bachman: She's So High
For Kristy, who is THE SHIZZ.
7. The Smiths: Ask
Let's play Truth.
8. Ladyhawke: Back of the Van
Macy and Wes. In the Wish van. SPARKS.
9. ZZ Top: Sharp Dressed Man
10. Tammy Wynette: Your Good Girl's Gonna Go Bad
The jukebox at World of Waffles.
11. Weezer: (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
Hey Wes and Macy, GET TOGETHER ALREADY.
12. Kelly Clarkson: Since U Been Gone
SUCK IT, JASON.
13. Kendall Payne: Closer To Myself
Macy gets real.
14. Coldplay: Talk
Macy confronts her mom.
15. Snow Patrol: Run
A message from Macy's dad.
16. Goldfrapp: Alive
Macy wakes up to go running at the beach.
17. Forence + The Machine: Dog Days Are Over
"But there was only one truth about forever that really mattered, and that was this: it was happening. Right then, as I ran with Wes into that bright sun, and every moment afterwards. Look, there. Now. Now. Now."
Check out our Sarah Dessen themed t-shirts!