Y'all may remember Susane Colasanti as the author of Something Like Fate and So Much Closer, or from that time she hung out with us Between Two Lockers. Susane's new book, All I Need, comes out tomorrow, and she's here today to start your summer off with a sweet mixtape!
Here's the official word on All I Need:
The last night of summer is only the beginning.
Skye wants to meet the boy who will change her life forever. Seth feels their instant connection the second he sees her. When Seth starts talking to Skye at the last beach party of the summer, it's obvious to both of them that this is something real.
But when Seth leaves for college before they exchange contact info, Skye wonders if he felt the same way she did--and if she will ever see him again. Even if they find their way back to each other, can they make a long-distance relationship work despite trust issues, ex drama, and some serious background differences?
Teen favorite Susane Colasanti returns to the alternating-voice style of her beloved debut When It Happens in this Serendipity-inspired story about summer, soul mates, and the moments that change our lives forever.
10 RULES FOR A SPECTACULAR SUMMER
Rule 1: Make the ultimate summer playlist
When I was writing All I Need, songs of my past summers kept playing in my head. The story is a sweet summer romance filled with old-school nostalgia. It’s told from the alternating perspectives of Skye and Seth. Seth is all about the 80s (and some late 70s) music. He believes that the best music was written back then. So I knew that the All I Need playlist had to include classic summer songs from when I was a teen. Get your retro jam on:
1. “The Boys of Summer” – Don Henley
2. “Perfect Way” – Scritti Politti
3. “Heart of Glass” – Blondie
4. “All My Love” – Led Zeppelin
5. “My Sharona” – The Knack
6. “Safety Dance” – Men Without Hats
7. “Alive and Kicking” – Simple Minds
8. “Bye Bye Love” – The Cars
9. “Take It on the Run” – REO Speedwagon
10. “If You Leave” – OMD
11. “Endless Summer Nights” – Richard Marx
12. “Head Over Heels” – Tears for Fears
13. “Waiting for a Girl Like You” – Foreigner
Which songs represent summer to you? Make a playlist that’s perfect for the beach, car, or just chilling in the hammock with a popsicle. And a good book, of course.
Wanna win a copy of All I Need? Leave a comment with your fave summer jam and a winner will be randomly selected on May 27. (U.S. only!) (contest closed)
THE FYA READERS' SUMMER PLAYLIST
1. "I Love It" - Icona Pop
2. "Rio" - Duran Duran
3. "Sweet Home Alabama" - Lynyrd Skynyrd
4. "The Boys of Summer" - Don Henley or The Ataris
5. "Summer Girls" - LFO
6. "Love Story" - Taylor Swift
7. "American Honey" - Lady Antebellum
8. "Kids In Love" by Mayday Parade
9. "Gone, Gone, Gone" - Phillip Phillips
10. "22" - Taylor Swift
11. "Good Time" - Owl City ft. Carly Rae Jepsen
12. "Put Your Records On" - Corrine Bailey Rae
13. "Beat This Summer" - Brad Paisley
14. "Alone Together" - Fall Out Boy
15. "Summertime" - Kenny Chesney
16. "Summertime" - New Kids on the Block
17. "The Sign" - Ace of Base
18. "Wild at Heart" - Glorianna
19. "Knee Deep" - Zac Brown Band
20. "Long Hot Summer" - Keith Urban
21. "Steal My Sunshine" - LEN
22. "Señorita" - Justin Timberlake
23. "Rock Your Body" - Justin Timberlake
24. "Good Vibrations" - The Beach Boys