HEY Y'ALL. I need to admit something up front-- I watched Nashville this morning, after a long night that involved whiskey and some poor decisions. So! I might not have picked up on everything in this episode.
With that said, Nashville isn't known for its subtlety, so we're probably okay.
Items for discussion:
- Robin Roberts playing Robin Roberts! I was suddenly overwhelmed with jealousy at the fact that Robin and Connie hung out and I wasn't included. You know those ladies had a good time together.
- Lady Lawyer says she isn't "threatened by Rayna." Well, YOU SHOULD BE, BISH.
- Charlie Wentworth is back with his hotness!!!!!! Thank you, show.
- Luke Wheeler has the hots for Rayna! He's no Deacon, but on the plus side, he's no Liam. And he can wear the shizz out of a cowboy hat.
- Scarlett and Avery slept together! AND I DIDN'T MIND. In other news, Hell has officially frozen over.
Best Rayna James Line:
Actually, I gotta give this one to a different James, Tandy, for saying, "You know you love big hat events." Because yes.
Rayna vs Juliette: (Who won?)
Juliette, FO SHO. Rayna had to beg snobby rich people for money and then see Deacon hang out with a woman who is inferior to her in ALL THE WAYS. Juliette got to have hot forbidden sexy times with Charlie Wentworth. Yes, that is a mistake that will haunt her later, especially since Charlie's wife caught them in the act, but damn, girl, I would totally make that mistake too.
Um, I can't believe I'm going to say this but... Avery and Scarlett, getting all melty for each other? I KNOW, I KNOW. I must be on CRAZY PILLS or something, but that scene leading into the kiss was really, really sweet.
Juliette and Charlie! Obviously! Even when the writers tried to eff it up by making Juliette sing in a barn with the stable boys, I still enjoyed this plot line. My favorite part was when Charlie tried to out-sad-story Juliette, and she was all BISH PLZ. "I've got a bucket of sad stories that could top that one." Yes indeedy, you do.
- When Zoe said, "I feel like a super slutty bad friend." UM MAYBE BECAUSE YOU ARE? Not super slutty, because I'm not into slut shaming, but BAD FRIEND DEFINITELY.
- How long will it take for Olivia to seek revenge?!
- When Teddy finds out that Peggy isn't pregnant and tries to dump her, will she fly into a psychotic rage and kill him? Pretty please?
- Will I ever get invited to a Big Hat Event? Seriously, first Denim & Diamonds and now this. Nashville is making my current social calendar look LAME.
So did I miss anything? Leave your rants/raves/WTFery in the comments!