Welcome to the Fairest Blog Tour!
On Jan. 27, the next installment of Marissa Meyer’s Lunar Chronicles series will be released. But if you’re a fan of the series, this latest book might not be what you were expecting ...
Here’s the official word:
In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told.
Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?
Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story—a story that has never been told … until now.
Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series.
I'll be reviewing the book later this month, but as part of the tour, I am reaching into the FYA archives and bringing back Picture Pages, our only series devoted to the randomness of Google Image Search.
The rules go thusly: Perform a Google Image Search of a chosen subject. Then, without clicking on the images (to avoid any sort of context clues or more information), analyze the images on a wholly superficial level. All in the name of science.
My chosen subject? The Lunar Chronicles’ Prince Kai. Let’s begin.
1. Yes. Yes. I am so pleased that this is the first image that comes up for Kai, because this is such a good likeness of the image I have of him in my head. Maybe a little more disheveled than usual, but this could definitely be a later series Kai, not the polished one from the early books.
2. I get what the artist was going for here, but those cheekbones, man. Kai is a prince. There’s no way he’d be that gaunt.
3. Ehh? Regardless of how pretty this guy is, I’m not feeling it. Also: Close your mouth.
4. Prince Kai at a formal event!
5. Prince Kai on a more casual day around the castle!
6. Not Prince Kai at all! This guy would make a good member of Jacob’s wolfpack. Was he a member of Jacob’s wolfpack?
7. I, uh, hate to have to break it to you, Internet, but Prince Kai is of Asian descent. And not 12.
8. I think this is an illustration of a genderbent Kai cosplay? I’d wear that jacket.
9. I can’t focus on anything about this drawing other than the robot in the corner. IS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE IKO? THAT IS NOT IKO.
10. I’m not comfortable with this image. Not one bit.
11. It’s KPOP Kai! Perhaps this is what he wears when he sneaks out of the castle to go clubbing.
12. Guy from Jacob’s wolfpack, GTFO. I already told you you’re not right for the role.
Oh Internet. You’re the best.
Check out our reviews of the first three books in the series:
Be sure to visit the rest of the tour stops:
Monday, Jan. 5: The Starry-Eyed Review
Tuesday, Jan. 6: Snuggly Oranges
Wednesday, Jan. 7: A Perfection Called Books
Thursday, Jan. 8: Icey Books
Friday, Jan. 9: The Book Addict’s Guide
Monday. Jan. 12: YA Bibliophile
Tuesday. Jan. 13: Alexa Loves Books
Wednesday, Jan. 14: Forever Young Adult (You are here!)
Thursday Jan. 15: Writer of Wrongs
Friday Jan. 16: Cuddlebuggery
Monday Jan. 19: Paper Riot
Tuesday Jan. 20: Great Imaginations
Wednesday Jan. 21: Belle of the Literati
Thursday Jan. 22: Adventures of a Book Junkie
Friday Jan. 23: Good Books and Good Wine
- Become a fan of the Lunar Chronicles on Facebook.
- Become a fan of Marissa Meyer on Facebook.
- Follow Marissa Meyer on Twitter.
- Become a fan of the Lunar Chronicles on Tumblr, where you can access Marissa’s tour schedule, Lunar Chronicles wallpaper, the first page of Fairest, and more!
Want to win a paperback set of all three books? Leave a comment below with an additional fairytale heroine or hero you’d love to see join the Lunar Chronicles team. We’ll pick a winner at random Jan. 21. Per the publisher: U.S. and Canada only, please. The giveaway is now closed.
Fairest will be available Jan. 27.