The film adaptation of Paper Towns is finally here, and y'all, the black Santa collection does not disappoint. The portrayal of Margo, however, does, which is a huge bummer given how much John Green has spoken about dismantling the Manic Pixie Dream Girl trope in the book. Thankfully, we've got Ben and Radar to cheer us up (if those guys got a spin-off, I would watch the shizz out of it) and we've got a drinking game to cheers it up.
If you haven't seen the movie yet, you might want to stop reading here, since there are slight spoilers ahead. If you have seen the movie, join me in the comments so we can convo! I really need to talk about this whole Margo thing, and I'm also dying to trade favorite Ben quotes with anyone and everyone. (My current favorite, when he's talking about dating Q's mom: "[I want to] treat her like the princess that she is... is that wrong?")
Take a drink when:
- Little Margo first appears because holy crap, she looks just like Teen Margo.
- Ben makes a crack about the hotness of Q's mom.
- One or more black Santas appear in a scene.
- Margo and/or Q exact revenge on someone.
- Q and Margo dance to the Muzak version of "Lady in Red."
- Ben is holding a sword made of beer cans.
- A map of the road trip appears on screen with an updated number of hours.
- Radar and Angela have sex.
- Everyone is dancing together at prom.
Take a shot when:
- Ben pees in a can.
- Ansel Elgort appears!
- Q is a dick to his friends and refuses to leave Agloe, because you're gonna need alcohol to diminish the urge to throttle him.
Chug for the entire duration of:
- The van spinning after it almost hits a cow.