Happy Thanksgiving, y'all! This year was very kind to us here at FYA HQ, and we wanted to take a moment to express our thanks for the riches (literary, hot guy and otherwise) of 2015.
1. My fellow FYA writers and contributors. Without them, there would be no FYA. And that would make me very, very sad.
2. January 21, 2016. A.k.a. the day THE 100 finally returns to my TV screen and life becomes worth living again.
3. My husband. There are very few people in the world who would put up with the amount of YA-related ridiculousness/awesomeness that I surround myself with, and yet, he does (and rarely complains about doing so).
4. Tom Hiddleston. No explanation necessary.
5. ATXFYA. There's something truly magical about finding your people, and I couldn't be more grateful to these fabulous ladies (and the occasional gent) who have become such wonderful friends.
6. The crew from the Lunar Chronicles getting their Happily Ever Afters. If anyone deserves a happy ending, it's these kids.
7. FYA's readers. I don't know many of them IRL, but I like to think that we're all friends. Because, like I said in No. 1, you just know when you've found your tribe.
8. Books that rate from 8–10 on the Swoonworthy Scale. *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*
9. The FitzSimmons kiss on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. It's about freaking time that these two actually made something happen! (Regardless of the fact that it's totally bad timing, and, like Fitz said, they're kind of cursed.)
10. Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I can't help it guys—I got my hopes up, big time.
Things that I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving (or, as I call it, Thursday):
1. FYA readers! Where would we be without you? Probs chattering about our faves into the void, but it's much more fun to fangirl with y'all!
3. Fellow FYA writers and contributors, for creating awesome content and being amazing in general.
4. Every single person that works on producing books that we love, especially the brilliant publicists and authors that we get to work with.
5. The YA book blogging community, for its tireless YAngelism!
1. My friends and our readers at FYA! I get to fangirl with you all on a daily basis, and nothing could make me happier.
2. ...except for Adam Brody's dimples, and flawless comedic timing.
3. SEXY SCYTHING.
4. Getting to meet my oldest friends from the internet, whom I met because we all loved 90s YA queen L.J. Smith.
6. Everything unicorn-related that now resides in my home because people associate me with fantastical creatures who can stab you with their heads.
7. Tom Hiddleston's butt and Chris Hemsworth's fake (?), er, endowments. Thanks, 2015 Hollywood.
1. FYA, obvs! It's an honor (and a blast) to be part of this community where respect is common practice and books reign supreme.
2. Harry Potter World, because I finally got to experience it for myself and it is PURE MAGIC.
4. The ladies of ATXFYA. I love rolling with this crew of fierce females.
5. BELLARKE*. Specifically, this:
*Seconded by Mandy C. Duh.
6. An Ember in the Ashes. Because my two favorite currently active series, The Raven Cycle and The 5th Wave, are both ending in 2016, and I don't know what I'd do without another series to obsess over.
7. Champagne. Always and forever.
8. Amy Schumer, for bringing humor and much needed feminism to Hollywood. And for bringing this gif into my life.
And now, dear readers, it's your turn. What are you thankful for this year? Let's get all touchy feely in the comments!