***NOTE: APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. Due to an overwhelming response (nearly 50 applications!) the decision-making process may take longer than expected. Please be patient!***
When we sent out the reader survey last year, the biggest feedback was clear: you want more book reviews. With the way YA is booming these days, there are more books out there than are humanly possible to review--so we're looking to expand our team!
Do you haunt Goodreads, reviewing every book you read? Do you fear TEABS? Do you think you can review 2-4 books per month for us? Break out the champ cans, because we're cordially inviting you to join us!
This is a volunteer position (you don't get paid in money, because this is a passion project--you get "paid" in ARCs and reader comments). If selected, there will be a three-month trial period to make sure we're...on the same page (heh heh heh).
How To Apply:
Email email@example.com with the following:
- Your name
- Location (we are open to worldwide reviewers, but generally, if you are outside of the US, your galleys are often limited to e-copies)
- A few of your favorite YA books and why you love them
- Your Goodreads and Twitter profiles, if public and applicable. (If they're not public, that's OK, but we'd like to get to know you.)
- Do you already write for any other websites? Do you have a book blog, or work for a library/bookstore? Let us know!
- How you found FYA, why you read our site, and why you want to write for us
Also include—and this is the important part—two writing samples:
The deadline to apply is Friday, June 3, 2016.
Questions? Hit us up in the comments. May the books be ever in your favor!