Seeing as the summer solstice was yesterday, what better way to celebrate the official start of summer than with the kickoff of #YASummerShowdown 2016?
As always, the Showdown Hub Tumblr will have the latest scoop on everything Showdown.
• About #YASummerShowdown: So what is Showdown? Get the DL on the structure and format of the competition.
• Teams/Scoreboard: Check out the full list of participating teams, with scores updated on Sunday nights.
• Schedule and Deadlines: Keep track of what's going on in Showdown here!
— This year's Showdown is split up into two-week sections, or Books, for a total of three Books and a week-long Epilogue.
— New artifact hunt items, puzzles, and recaps will be released at the start of each Book.
• Artifact Hunt: The main component of Showdown is now the artifact hunt, with new items released at the start of each Book!
• YA Mixology: Because booze and books are a perfect pairing.
• Gamemakers: Meet the gamemaking council -- including veterans from previous Showdowns!
(All links are also available under the "Pages" dropdown menu on the Showdown Hub.)
The artifact hunt and puzzle for Book I are already up on the Hub. And team sign-ups will be open for the entire duration of Showdown; contact [email protected] to join the fun at any time!
Happy hunting, y'all!