It's here, it's here! Today marks the long-awaited return of FYA's annual summer scavenger hunt competition. With both previous Showdown winners sitting this year out (#SFFYA in 2014 and 2016; #ATLFYA in 2015), #YASummerShowdown 2017 is truly anybody's game!
Here are the teams competing in Showdown '17!
As always, the Showdown Hub Tumblr will have the latest scoop on everything Showdown. (It's currently locked for gameplay purposes, so these links will work again eventually!)
• About #YASummerShowdown: So what is Showdown? Get the DL on the structure and format of the competition.
• Teams/Scoreboard: Check out the full list of participating teams, with scores updated on Sunday nights.
• Schedule and Deadlines: Keep track of what's going on in Showdown here!
— This year's Showdown is split up into two parts, with lowkey weeks sandwiching the main competition (Prologue and Epilogue) and a week-long break in the middle (Interlude).
• Artifact Hunt: The main component of Showdown is now the artifact hunt, with new items released at the start of each Book!
• YA Mixology: Because booze and books are a perfect pairing.
• Gamemakers: Meet the gamemaking council -- including veterans from previous Showdowns!
(All links are also available under the "Pages" dropdown menu on the Showdown Hub.)
Details for the Prologue are already up on the Hub. And team sign-ups will be open for the entire duration of Showdown; contact [email protected] to join the fun at any time!
Happy hunting, y'all!