Previously: Meet and Greet
Was there ever any doubt that the teams would step up their game over the second half of main gameplay in #YASummerShowdown 2017? Let's check out what went down in Part II!
Puzzle 4: The Forbidden Puzzle
For Puzzle 4, teams worked their way through a Hogwarts-themed logic riddle. The speediest solvers were LONFYA, FYAON, and LRFYA.
Here's a look at the Part II items and submissions. Follow the hashtag links for all Hub reblogged posts!
• Swap two YA/MG covers, with the covers still making sense for both books (#ya cover switch)
• Put a YA spin on the zodiac signs (#the signs as ya)
Aries: Leading the revolution into battle
Taurus: Sending everyone ahead of them
Gemini: Stabs self to stop alternate personality from taking over the world
-- From KCFYA's "Signs as YA Deaths"
Gemini: movie montage makeover
Libra: fake boyfriend romance
Capricorn: twist ending
-- From FYAVWA's "Signs as YA Tropes"
• Design a pizza inspired by a YA character (#fya pizza)
• Recreate an outfit from a YA movie or show using household items (#ya lewks for less)
• Redesign a modern YA cover in a retro style (#throwback ya covers)
• Recommend favourite audiobooks and audiobook performers (#fya audiobooks)
• Give back to the local community (#fya does good)
Check out the rest of the artifact hunt submissions here.
Photo Hunt Highlights
Artemis by George O'Connor (CLTFYA)
The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid (AVLFYA)
The Devil in the Corner by Patricia Elliott (LRFYA)
The Diviners by Libba Bray (KCMOFYA)
Glitter by Aprilynne Pike (CIFYA)
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson (KCFYA)
Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab (FYAON)
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (LONFYA)
The Way to Game the Walk of Shame by Jenn P. Nguyen (FYAVWA)
With the competition winding down, every last point counts! The teams also had the opportunity to give each other (and potentially receive more) bonus points, with the FYA ILU challenge. Check the scoreboard for the full standings.
OMG THE END IS NIGH. But there's still plenty left to recap -- incl. the YA Mixology challenge! And we're going to need help from everybody -- even YOU, YES, YOU -- to decide who will be crowned the winner of #YASummerShowdown 2017!
See y'all back here on Monday to dish over the Epilogue!