Sorry for the delay in getting this recap up, y’all! I came down with the flu right after the new year and have only just begun functioning again.
Ten years ago, the Hernandezes discovered strange rocks at the dig site of the PRIDE project. They told the Yorkes, but before they could do anything about it, their lab blew up—because of Leslie Dean. Molly miraculously survived, likely thanks to the same rocks that got her parents killed.
The day of the PRIDE dig is finally here, but the celebration is tempered by infighting in both PRIDE and among the kids. Alex is still pissed about the computer—rightly so—and none of them quite know how to move on. Until, that is, Molly arrives with the VHS tape her parents left her. When they watch it, they learn that the dig has dire consequences for the world. They decide to trash the dig using the school dance as an way to get out of their respective houses.
After Karolina tells Frank all about what’s been going on, he asks her to let him handle it. He goes straight to Jonah and spills all, in exchange for more power in the Church. Jonah takes the information to the rest of PRIDE.
The kids go to the dance—Gert and Karolina taking a bit of time to make moves on the people they really like—and then head to the dig site to do as much damage as they can. But before they can do much other than shorting out the drill’s guidance system and tossing a truck into the hole, their parents show up … and a face off is imminent.
GIFs via rainbowkarolina
- Leslie is stone cold. And in this whole shizz show way too deep.
- Aw, yeah! Gert got some! Karolina made a move! Proud of you, ladies.
Runaways and Runanays
Winner: Gert. Get it, girrrlll! Just try not to screw it up before it’s even begun?
Honorable mention: Karolina. And Nico and Chase, I suppose.
Loser: Frank. Way to sell out your daughter for a chance at power, dude.
“What is happening with Dad?”—Chase
“They took him.”—Janet
“Oh, so he can be dead?”—Chase
“I don’t think so.”—Janet
“Doesn’t need a hug; what he needs a punch in the face.”—Alex
GIFs via runawaysource
“No. No, we can’t disband the group. We didn’t even give ourselves a cool nickname.”—Gert
“How about the Runaways? For all the kids we couldn’t save or avenge.”—Alex
“Even for me.”—Nico
“Basically our whole lives, they’ve been planning on how to end the world.”—Chase
“Go get him. Live your truth.”—Molly
“Look, I know that it’s been a shitty couple of weeks.”—Alex
“But we’re friends again, and I didn’t think we ever would be. I wouldn’t want to save the world with any other crew.”—Alex
GIFs via thatonekimgirl
Find Out Next Time ...
- Do those crazy rocks have something to to with Jonah’s powers? Tina’s staff? The healing gloves?
- What are they actually digging up? (My theory: Jonah’s spaceship.)
- Do all rich kid schools have cupcakes at their dances? ‘Cause I totally missed out going to public school, if so.
- Are Gert and Chase / Karolina and Nico going to have time to go on real dates?
- Will Frank turn on PRIDE when he learns that Karolina’s actually Jonah’s daughter?
- WIll the kids actually run away next episode? They certainly weren’t too fond of the idea of the Runaways as their group moniker.
So next episode is the season finale, I think. Any predictions for what’s going to happen? Let’s discuss in the comments!
Next episode: “Hostile”