Here at FYA, we are big fans of celebrating characters from all walks of life. We believe in the importance of exposing yourself to diverse viewpoints to make yourself a more well-rounded, empathetic, and compassionate person. To that end, we wholly support #ownvoices writers and strive to seek out YA books that represent all characters, worlds, and backgrounds.
We also value diversity in our own writing! We are looking for new contributors, and we'd love to focus on including more writers of color, writers of marginalized orientations and gender identities, writers of varying socio-economic status, and writers with physical or mental differences. We hope that by adding more diverse voices to our little corner of the internet, together we can continue to foster an environment that brings awareness to divergent perspectives and where everyone feels comfortable to share in open, positive dialogue.
WANT TO WRITE WITH US?
Do you haunt Goodreads, reviewing every book you read? Do you fear TEABS? Do you think you can review 2-4 books per month for us? Break out the champ cans, because we're cordially inviting you to join us!
This is a volunteer position (you don't get paid in money, because this is a passion project--you get "paid" in ARCs and reader comments). If selected, there will be a three-month trial period.
If you've applied before but weren't selected, you're more than welcome to apply again!
HOW TO APPLY
Email [email protected] with the following:
- Your name
- Location (we are open to worldwide reviewers, but generally, if you are outside of the US, your galleys are often limited to e-copies)
- A few of your favorite YA books and why you love them
- A little about your unique voice/perspective
- Your Goodreads and Twitter profiles, if public and applicable. (If they're not public, that's OK, but we'd like to get to know you.)
- Do you already write for any other websites? Do you have a book blog, or work for a library/bookstore? Let us know!
- How you found FYA, why you read our site, and why you want to write for us
Also include—and this is the important part—two writing samples:
The deadline to apply is Sunday, February 11th, 2018.
Questions? Hit us up in the comments. May the books be ever in your favor!