OMG you guys! It’s finally here! The special edition of FYA’s Official Anne of Green Gables Movie Drinking Game!!!
For those of you who have been following my reviews, you know that I have been eating, sleeping and breathing Anne-world for several weeks, now, and I realized it’s time to add drinking to that list!!!!
Now, normally, we create drinking games to help us get through the more painful of films coughIAmNumberFourcough. So you might think that creating a drinking game to celebrate a beloved classic, such as Anne of Green Gables, would be a challenge. But if you thought that, you would be seriously underestimating my love for games. And for drinking.
I don’t know about you guys, but I pretty much sob through this entire movie EVERY TIME I SEE IT. So you know what that means! Adding a drinking game is going to be hysterical!!! For the people with me!!! So dust off your dvds and pour yourself a drink or 10, cause we’re getting ready to bust the place up, Marilla Cuthbert-style!
The Official FYA Anne of Green Gables Drinking Game
Take one drink:
- Every time Anne loses her temper
- Each time Marilla rolls her eyes (this one alone will have your liver shaking its bedraggled fist at you.)
- Whenever Matthew ‘interferes’
- Gilbert has been added to a scene, to build romantical tension (eg. when Josie Pye dares Anne to walk the ridgepole of the roof.)
- Each time the word ‘bosom’ is used
- When Anne says the word ‘tragical’
- Raise your glass and say “To puffed sleeves!” every time said sleeves are seen or mentioned!
Take a shot:
- When, after snubbing her, Gilbert steals Anne’s dance card (The best added scene not in the book. Also the scene that made a whole generation of us long for dance cards!)
- For “Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it. Yet.”
- For green hair
- The SECOND time Gilbert calls Anne ‘Carrots’, with his voice all husky (le sigh)
- When Diana is drinking the ‘raspberry cordial’
Pour one out:
- For Matthew (sob!)
There you have it, folks. I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I did! Cheers!