P.S. If you’ve already read the book, feel free to add any other discussion questions of your own in the comments!
1. Confession time – who has played an MMORPG?
2. What was your favorite video game as a child?
3. Were you a child of the ’80s? If not, were the references in this book confusing to you?
1. Would you consider Ready Player One to be a dystopian novel? Science Fiction? Why or why not?
2. James Halliday – genius or mad man?
3. Did you find the constant pop culture references to be an enhancement or a burden to the story?
4. Were you surprised by Aech’s reveal? How do you think a mostly virtual world would affect the inherent biases and prejudices between different races, gender and sexual orientation?