P.S. If you’ve already read the book, feel free to add any other discussion questions of your own in the comments!
Did you have a childhood sweetheart? (If you didn’t, what about a childhood bestie?) What do you remember about this person, and do you know what happened to him/her?
1. Cameron Quick: Is he the hottest MLD ever, or a weirdly intense stalker?
2. Jenna is a complicated heroine. Did you agree with the way she handled things? Would you have done anything differently?
3. How awesome is Steph?
4. Do you agree with Jenna’s mother’s decision to let her believe that Cameron was dead? Why or why not?
5. What’s your opinion of Sara Zarr’s writing style? Were you emotionally impacted by her storytelling?
6. How do you feel about the book’s ending? Compellingly realistic or too realistic to be satisfying? Do you think Jenna and Cameron will end up together? Why or why not?