P.S. If you’ve already read the book, feel free to add any other discussion questions of your own in the comments!
If you could switch bodies with anyone currently living, who would it be and why?
1. Did you picture A as a certain gender? If so, why?
2. Out of all of the lives that A experienced in this book, which was your favorite? Your least favorite?
3. Put yourself in Rhiannon’s place. Would you have reacted similarly to her or differently?
4. Have you heard of the term “genderqueer” before? (Definition: a person who redefines or plays with gender, or who refuses gender altogether. A label for people who bend/break the rules of gender and blur the boundaries.)
5. David Levithan is obviously addressing issues of gender identity and sexuality in this book. Do you think he succeeded in tackling these topics without making this an “issue” book? Why or why not?