P.S. If you’ve already read the book, feel free to add any other discussion questions of your own in the comments!
It’s the apocalypse, and you’ve got to carry everything you need to survive in your backpack. What’s the one book you take?
1. Did you figure out early on that the military dudes were actually aliens? Or did Yancey keep you guessing?
2. Same goes for Zombie and Evan. Did you guess that Zombie was Ben Parish, and that Evan was an alien?
3. Do you think that Rick Yancey wrote an authentic voice for Cassie? And did you feel that Zombie’s voice was distinct from Cassie’s? Why or why not?
4. Overall, Cassie seems like an ordinary girl stuck in extraordinary circumstances. She’s not a Katniss, and she’s not necessarily a Tris. Did you identify with Cassie? Was there anything that she did that you would have done differently?
5. Who’s hotter: Zombie or Evan?
6. There’s a ton of intense action in this book. Which scene especially made your heart stop?
7. What are your predictions for the sequel? What’s going to happen next?