This month’s FYA Book Club selection is The Diviners by Libba Bray. Check out the discussion questions below! (Slight spoilers ahead.)
P.S. If you’ve already read the book, feel free to add any other discussion questions of your own in the comments!
When you were a YA, did you ever play any slumber party games like the Ouija Board, Bloody Mary or Light as a Feather, Stiff As a Board? If so, did anything strange or creepy ever happen?
1. While crafting this slice of historical fiction, Libba Bray based her characters on archetypes of the time period. Did the characters feel authentic to you, or stereotypical?
2. Libba Bray employs a ton of 1920s slang in THE DIVINERS. Did you find this distracting, or did it help to transport you to that period?
3. Evie: Flighty or Fabulous?
4. Which guy is more your type– Sam, Memphis or Jericho?
5. Did this book give you the heebie jeebies? Why or why not?
6. Do you plan on reading the next book in the series? If so, do you have any predictions for what will happen?