P.S. If you’ve already read the book, feel free to add any other discussion questions of your own in the comments!
Before things go south, Cady’s time at Beachwood is the stuff that summer dreams are made of. What’s the most epic summer experience you had as an adolescent?
1. Okay, let’s just start with the big one. DID YOU SEE THAT ENDING COMING? If so, how did you guess?
2. Whether you figured it out beforehand or went back after having your mind blown, what clues did you identity that hinted at the twist?
3. Why did Cady’s family keep the truth of her trauma from her? Do you think the whole orchestration was realistic?
4. Do you think Cady’s family really forgave her? Is it possible for her to forgive herself?
5. Johnny, Mirren and Gat: Ghosts or hallucinations?
6. Was Gat in love with Cady, or using her?
7. Did you find Cady to be a sympathetic character? Why or why not? What about the rest of the Sinclair family?
8. There’s a mix of opinions online about the dialogue in this book– some say it’s annoyingly artificial, others think that it fits perfectly with the tone of the story. What do you think?