This month’s FYA Book Club selection is Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins. Check out the discussion questions below! (Slight spoilers ahead.)
P.S. If you’ve already read the book, feel free to add any other discussion questions of your own in the comments!
Did you ever have to participate in Cotillion, or something similar? What was it like?
Harper lives in the shadow of her sister, Leigh-Anne. If you have siblings, were you casting the shadow or living in it? And what was that like?
1. How do you think Harper compares to Buffy, as a heroine with destiny suddenly thrust upon her?
2. Did Harper’s Southern girl voice ring true for you?
3. Given that this book takes place in the South, did you find the lack of diversity to be noticeable? Why or why not?
4. Do you feel like Rachel Hawkins pulled off a compelling love triangle?
5. What’s your take on the mythology of this book, re: Charlemagne and the Paladin Knights? Unique, or a stretch?
6. Are you planning on reading the sequel?