P.S. If you’ve already read the book, feel free to add any other discussion questions of your own in the comments!
“I’ll Be There” becomes a very important song to Emily and Sam. Is there a song that means a lot to you, because it’s tied to a particular event or moment in your life?
1. Holly Goldberg Sloan writes in a rather unique, bare bones style. Did her writing strengthen or weaken your connection to the story?
2. Sam vs. Cameron Quick (from Sara Zarr’s Sweethearts): Discuss.
3. In contrast to Sam and Riddle, Emily has lived a safe, sheltered life. In spite of that, do you feel that Sloan still managed to make her into a compelling character?
4. Did you feel bad for Bobby Ellis? Or did he get what he deserved?
5. A whole lot of shizz goes down in this book. Did you find it realistic or melodramatic?
6. Do you plan on reading the sequel (Just Call My Name)?