Kenneth Branagh’s Cinderella (written by YA alum Chris Weitz!) is an absolute charm of a movie, a magical delight. You can read my review here: I really, really loved it. It’s by far the best of the Disney live-action adaptations (so far – I have high hopes for Beauty and the Beast!), warm and funny and absolutely gorgeous, and Lily James is wonderful, a Disney princess with integrity, backbone and humor to go along with all of that sweetness and beauty.
But that doesn’t mean you don’t need to drink as you watch it! With all of the golden sparkly magic in Cinderella, this is a movie that BEGS to be watched while sipping some champagne. And as is the FYA way, I’ve included a little drinking game to help you imbibe with purpose.
The Official FYA Cinderella Drinking Game
Take one sip when:
- Any form of the word “kindness” is used
- Any form of the word “courage” is used
- Gus-Gus the mouse is greedy
- The step-sisters act like a b-hole
Take two sips when:
- Any form of the words “courage” and “kindness” are used together
- You covet one of Cate Blanchett’s ensembs
- Someone sings the words “dilly dilly”
Chug the whole time…
- Ella’s dress is being transformed by her fairy godmother into that GORGEOUS ball-gown
There you have it! And enjoy this lovely movie. It’s not often we’re treated to a fairy tale like this one.