This month’s FYA Book Club selection is Guy in Real Life by Steve Brezenoff. Check out the discussion questions below! (Slight spoilers ahead.)
P.S. If you’ve already read the book, feel free to add any other discussion questions of your own in the comments!
Lana’s main social gig is Dungeons & Dragons. When you were a teen, was there a certain high school club or group that meant a lot to you?
1. Which character grew on you first – Lana or Lesh? (Or did you connect with neither?)
2. Did you like the D&D and MMORPG chapters? If so, did you prefer one over the other?
3. Have you ever played D&D or an MMO game? Did you like it?
4. Brezenoff focuses on the theme of gender identity throughout the book. What point, if any, do you believe he was trying to make?
5. Do you think that Lesh is in love with Lana or in love with the idea of being Lana?
6. Prediction time: what happened to Lana and Lesh after the last page?