P.S. If you’ve already read the book, feel free to add any other discussion questions of your own in the comments!
Celaena must push herself to her breaking point to win the Champion challenges. Have you ever undertaken a personal challenge, like a marathon or a New Year’s resolution? If so, did you accomplish your goal?
1. Celaena is a pretty complex character, and Throne of Glass asks you to like/love her even though she’s an assassin who’s killed many people in cold blood. (¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) How did you come to terms with the disparate parts of her personality? Did Celaena’s assassin past ever bother you?
2. Team Chaol or Team Dorian?
3. Do you think Celaena’s feelings for Dorian are actually love?
4. There are a lot if interesting secondary characters in the book, from Nehemia to Kaltain. Who’s your favorite? Why?
5. Did you figure out who was behind the competitors’ murders before it was revealed?
6. Did you realize what Nehemia was at the castle to do before it was revealed?
7. What do you think Elena means when she says, “Blood ties can’t be broken?”
8. Celaena has a pretty tragic backstory. Did you see it coming? Do you think there’s more to be revealed?
9. What do you think the king has planned?
10. Will you read (or have you already read) more books in this series?