P.S. If you’ve already read the book, feel free to add any other discussion questions of your own in the comments!
Red Rising contains scenes of brutality, including murder and mentions of rape.
Darrow takes a tonic that helps him learn at inhuman speeds while he’s sleeping. If you could do the same, what would you want to learn?
1. At first, Darrow is cocky and crass. Did you like him from the start? If not, when did you start to like him?
2. Who was your favorite secondary character, and why?
3. From the first page, Pierce Brown dives right into the world of Mars, which has its own lingo and customs and references. Did you have a hard time acclimating to this culture and understanding what was happening, or did you pick it up right away?
4. Were you as surprised as Darrow to learn there was more to Mars than he knew? Why or why not?
5. Did you predict the mission that the Sons of Ares gave Darrow?
6. This book is packed with intense battles between various groups and characters. Which one stands out to you as the most compelling?
7. Many twists happened during Darrow’s time at the Institute. Did you see any of them coming? If so, which ones?
8. What are your thoughts on Mustang? Did you find yourself comparing her to Eo?
9. Do you have any predictions on how Darrow will ultimately defeat the Golds?