This month’s FYA Book Club selection is Prince Charming (previously known as Royals) by Rachel Hawkins. Check out the discussion questions below! (Slight spoilers ahead.)
P.S. If you’ve already read the book, feel free to add any other discussion questions of your own in the comments!
Have you ever been obsessed with a royal, real or fictional? If so, who is it and why?
1. What did you think of the fictional royal family and the probably based-on-reality royal politics Daisy and Ellie have to deal with? Did it feel true to life?
2. Would you make a similar choice to Ellie’s to marry into such a public family? In other words, would it be worth it to you?
3. What did you think of Sebastian’s group of friends, The Royal Wreckers? Are they entitled assholes or sympathetic based on their circumstances? And did your opinion of them change throughout the book?
4. Ellie and Daisy have a loving, if strained, sibling relationship. Did you sympathize with one more than the other as they butted heads about the way each one chose to live their lives?
5. Daisy is completely out of her element is the midst of the all the total protocol and rules she knows nothing about. Do you think she handled it well enough or could she have done something differently to fit in better? Should she even need to “fit it”?
6. Miles’ and Daisy’s contentious relationship (that leads to something more) is a big part of the book. Did you buy into their enemistry? Was Daisy too oblivious to Miles’ feelings or did it make sense to you?
7. Rachel Hawkins has a particular sense of humor and infuses that in Daisy as she observes this unusual new world she’s been thrust into. Did you think the book was funny? What was one of your favorite lines?
8. There’s a companion book to Prince Charming (called Her Royal Highness, available now) that looks further into the lives of Scottish royalty, but this time focusing on Princess Flora. Will you read it?