We asked FYA Book Club members to rank the official book club selections from 2020, and the results are in!
As a refresher, here’s what we read over the last year.
- JANUARY: The Weight of the Stars by K. Ancrum
- FEBRUARY: Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
- MARCH: Wilder Girls by Rory Power
- APRIL: Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu
- MAY: The Reader by Traci Chee
- JUNE: Lovely War by Julie Berry
- JULY: The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo
- AUGUST: A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
- SEPTEMBER: Jackpot by Nic Stone
- OCTOBER: Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson
- NOVEMBER: Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor
- DECEMBER: Check, Please!: Book 1 by Ngozi Ukazu
Out of those books, here are the fave FYABC picks of 2020, as chosen by FYA Book Clubbers!
3. Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu
2. The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo
1. Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
The past year was obviously really flipping weird, as all of our chapters have had to switch to virtual meetings. (The irony of creating book clubs so that we can connect offline, only to be shoved back online anyway!) Fortunately, all of our book clubs have been quick to adapt, since everyone’s health and safety is the absolute top priority. We’re even starting up new chapters virtually — hi, Chicago! — so rest assured, the FYA Book Club will always be around in one form or another.