Y’all, we’ve made it to another Friday. Let’s congratulate ourselves and celebrate the occasion with champers, books, TV, tasty business, friends, whatever makes you happy! I personally recommend going to see Vengeance at your local cinema, because that movie is rad as hell.
ICYMI on FYA
For this week’s Stream It, Stephanie raves about Ready or Not, a darkly funny slasher that rakes the rich over the coals.
In book reviews:
- Stephanie gets spooked by Tiffany D. Jackson’s White Smoke.
- Mandy C. reviews Below Zero, the final story in Ali Hazelwood’s STEMinist Novella series.
- Stephanie finds a comfort read with Tricia Levenseller’s Master of Iron (Bladesmith #2).
- Mandy C. reviews Francesca Zappia’s Katzenjammer, where brutal reality meets magical realism.
Loving this NYT profile of Julia Whelan, one of the most in-demand audiobook narrators working today.
Lots of scoop out of San Diego Comic-Con:
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer joins the Teen Wolf spinoff series?!! PAGE ME.
- Teaser for the Teen Wolf movie.
- An extremely epic trailer for The Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power.
- The trailer for Sandman is an absolute dream.
- Marvel unveils the Multiverse Saga.
I’m gonna miss Samantha Bee SO hard.
Check this interview with Eva Reign, star of Billy Porter’s directorial debut, Anything’s Possible.
Retta is still “salty” about the Good Girls cancellation, and we are too.
The Black Panther 2 trailer is here to give you a good, inspirational cry:
How the hunt for a teenage version of Desperate Housewives launched the Pretty Little Liars phenomenon. Also, meet the cast of Original Sin! (BTW, if you haven’t seen our archive of PLL recaps, GET OVER HERE.)
Victoria Beckham, who was the last holdout, has finally agreed to do a Spice Girls documentary, zig a zig ahhh!
Virgin River has a new showrunner, and we’re stoked.
Cosmopolitan profiles the “coolest, most exciting new actors in Hollywood” and reminds us of those Vanity Fair spreads of yore.
Speaking of VF, here’s their take on the Blonde trailer, with Ana de Armas as Marilyn Monroe.
With Reginald the Vampire, Spider-Man breakout star Jacob Batalon takes a big bite out of Hollywood.
Dammit, The Wilds got cancelled.
Social Media Things
I mean, it’s just a fact:
I think we can all agree, Victorian writers said it better:
Riverdale… what else is there to say?
Bella, seriously though:
Amber Ruffin wants to talk about her uterus, and we are here for it!
An examination of FYA’s mascot, the unicorn.
File this under “W” for We Never Asked For This: you can now take a cruise inspired by Gone Girl.
What’d we miss? Add your fave distractions of the week in the comments.