This month’s FYA Book Club selection is Love Radio by Ebony LaDelle. Check out the discussion questions below! (Slight spoilers ahead.)
P.S. If you’ve already read the book, feel free to add any other discussion questions of your own in the comments!
This book contains an incident of sexual assault, as well as its aftermath on the survivor.
Prince is convinced that he only needs three dates for Dani to start falling for him. What rule(s) would you abide by (or advise someone else to follow) for dating?
1. What did you think of Dani and Prince, both separately and together?
2. Did you have a favourite date? Or did you swoon more over something outside of an official date?
3. Dani and Prince’s world is full of memorable supporting characters. Which ones stood out to you the most?
4. Love Radio makes references to a lot of great music, movies, shows, and writers. Was there a particular recommendation that the book made you want to check out? (Or a reference that you were already familiar with that you’d recommend!)
5. Sexual assault is always tricky to depict in fiction. What did you think about how it was handled in Love Radio?
6. Chapter Fourteen contains an unnerving shift from Dani and Prince in the present, back to the moment when Drew assaulted Dani. Did you find this scene to be effective or confusing?
7. Where do you think Dani and Prince end up in ten years? Do they stay together?