- Science Fiction
Title: Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2)
Author: Suzanne Collins
Series: The Hunger Games
Hey there, tributes! We’ve all been dying to know if
Sam Claflin will actually be hot as Finnick Catching Fire will live up to our expectations, and now, it’s finally here!
To make your Quarter Quell even more lively, we’ve put together a little drinking game. I mean, of course we did. (And if you’re planning to rewatch The Hunger Games, we’ve got you covered.) The odds of getting buzzed are definitely in your favor.
The Official FYA The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Drinking Game
Take a drink when:
- Gale and Katniss kiss
- Peeta and Katniss kiss
- Katniss is referenced as “The Girl on Fire”
- Effie’s wig changes
- Someone makes the three finger salute
- You see a force field
- Lightening strikes the arena tree
- A tribute dies
Take a shot when:
- Effie says “mahogany”
- Johanna strips in the elevator
- Peeta drops the baby bombshell
- One of the monkeys scares the shizz out of you
Chug a glass of H2O when:
- Katniss uses the spile to finally get fresh water
Chug for the duration of:
- The cornucopia spinning
For those of you who have already seen the movie, what did you think?!! I’ll start us off with my two cents:
Catching Fire is definitely a better film than The Hunger Games. I really liked it! I didn’t love it, but yeah, it was fun, and awesome, and I’m sure I’ll be watching it again. (And again.)
What I Liked
- Peeta’s hair! IT’S SO MUCH BETTER YOU GUYS.
- The kissing. None of that paltry shizz from The Hunger Games, we’re talking full on lip locks.
- Prim being less annoying.
- The new Buttercup!
- Effie and Haymitch’s adorable banter.
- Stanley Tucci, who somehow managed to make Caesar Flickerman even BETTER in this sequel. I want his laugh to be my new ringtone.
- Sam Claflin wasn’t bad as Finnick. Still not *as* charming as he should have been, but definitely hot.
- Jenna Malone NAILED Johanna. Now THAT is a girl on fire. And the elevator scene? SO GOOD.
- Jeffrey Wright and Amanda Plummer were freaking fantastic, as was Philip Seymour Hoffman.
- I thought the games themselves were much scarier this time around, which is how they’re supposed to be!
What I Didn’t Like
- The lack of Haymitch backstory. Learning about him as a tribute was one of my fave parts of the book.
- The minimal screen time of Johanna, Beetee and Wiress. All three actors are fantastic, and their talents seemed wasted. Seriously, movie, why’d you have to shortchange us on the Quarter Quell?
- The scene where Katniss, Peeta and Finnick crawl through the water to heal their poison gas blisters. You guys, I LAUGHED. And I’m pretty sure that wasn’t the intended response.
Now it’s your turn! What did you love? What did you miss? LET’S CONVO.
And if you dressed up for the screening, pretty please include a photo with your comment! For inspiration, check out this Katniss spotted by @jlbodily:
I really, really hope people constantly asked her to twirl.