This month’s FYA Book Club selection is Shutter by Courtney Alameda. Check out the discussion questions below! (Slight spoilers ahead.)
P.S. If you’ve already read the book, feel free to add any other discussion questions of your own in the comments!
Have you ever had an experience that you couldn’t explain? One that could possibly be considered paranormal?
1. Which would you rather be and why: a regular reaper, a tetrachromat, or a member of the Stoker side of the corps?
2. Micheline struggles with her feelings for Ryder and her dedication to the family cause. Would you choose love over her family?
3. Do you think it was right of Micheline to keep knowledge of Luca from the guys?
4. How do you feel about Micheline? Was she too much “one of the guys” or was she a true “strong female character”?
5. Micheline’s a woman in a male-dominated field. Do you think that makes her challenges—proving her abilities to her father, to her crew, to herself—more difficult?
6. Did you think the book was too spooky (or too gory) or not spooky enough?
7. Did you foresee who the ghost turned out to be?