P.S. If you’ve already read the book, feel free to add any other discussion questions of your own in the comments!
Has a piece of art (or an artist) ever made a big impact on you? Tell us about it!
1. How do you feel about street art and graffiti, and the way Jack created his? Is it unethical because someone is using another person’s property as a canvas, is it okay because art should push boundaries, both, or something else entirely?
2. Have you ever done something similarly rebellious or been involved in some sort of “damn the man” activity?
3. Jack pretty clearly hides something from Bex throughout much of the book. Did you predict what it was? After the reveal, how do you feel about his secrecy?
4. How did you feel about Bennett’s treatment of Jillian? Did she feel like a fully-formed character or a plot device?
5. Considering Jack’s background, technology as it is, and his rather daring location choices, do you think it’s realistic that he would have gotten away with his street art for so long? Did you care?
6. This is one of the steamier YA contemporaries we’ve read. How did you feel about the treatment of sex: too much, just right, not enough?
7. Bex and Jack have an immediate attraction to each other, both physically and emotionally. Did Bennett make their immediate attraction believable, or did it feel like instalove?
8. In your opinion, do Bex and Jack get the happily-ever-after?