This month’s FYA Book Club selection is Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake. Check out the discussion questions below! (Slight spoilers ahead.)
P.S. If you’ve already read the book, feel free to add any other discussion questions of your own in the comments!
Cas moves around a lot, never really making any friends on purpose. Have you ever been in a similar situation?
Which ghost and alive person couple has the best kiss in all of books/movie/tv? (From Pittsburgh FYABC!)
1. Cas is a 17 year old ghost hunter whose father was brutally murdered…by a ghost. With that in mind, did you find his voice realistic?
- How do you feel about pop culture references in the novel? (From Pittsburgh FYABC!)
2. How did you feel about the quest to find the murderous ghost? Did you guess at who murdered Anna?
3. Aside from being a murderous ghost, did you find Anna to be a sympathetic character? Anna the vengeful spirit, or Anna the friendly ghost?
4. There are some pretty gruesome murders described in this book. Did that make the stakes feel more real, or did Kendare Blake go overboard?
5. If you were in Cas’s position, would you go after the thing that killed your father, knowing how dangerous it is? (From Book Lover’s Book Club.)
6. The female characters in this book are either a Wiccan mom, a murdering ghost, or a teen queen. Did you find their depictions relatable? Why or why not?
7. Tybalt: best cat ever?
8. Cas initially emphasizes the solo nature of ghost hunting, but he needs and accepts help from his friends and his paranormal contacts. Which of those supporting characters was your favourite?
9. Love story: out of left field or perfectly understandable?
- What did you think of Cas and Anna’s kissing scene? (From Pittsburgh FYABC!)
10. Do you plan on reading the sequel, Girl of Nightmares? If you haven’t read it yet, what do you think will happen next?