Happy second day of fall!!!! I hope that it is not 100 degrees where you live and that you’re celebrating the best season with something pumpkin flavored.
ICYMI on FYA
Stephanie’s Stream It this week features The Resort, which may be an acquired taste for some but utterly awesome for others. And you might’ve missed my Saturday Stream It on Do Revenge, which is an immediate nominee for the Teen Film Hall of Fame.
We overfloweth with book reports this week, have you read them?
- I reviewed Belladonna by Adalyn Grace, which has all the makings of a spooky season must-read.
- Stephanie reviewed the newest novel from Brigid Kemmerer, Defy the Night, about a strange fever and the people who steal its cure from the rich.
- Brian reviewed Any Sign of Life by Rae Carson, about a girl who wakes up to find that everyone she knows has died from a super flu (I’m sensing a theme here!).
- Mandy C. reviewed the newest from Ellie Marney, The Killing Code, about a WWII codebreaker who sets out to find her friend’s killer.
- Amanda reviewed The Book Eaters by Sunyi Dean, about a family who…well, eats books.
In response to the increased number of book banning attempts across the country, the City of Chicago and the Chicago Public Library (CPL) have declared themselves “Book Sanctuaries.”
Is there such a thing as TOO MUCH Magic Mike? No. But alas, it appears to be coming to an end anyway.
The Rosaline trailer is out:
The town that American Girl Dolls made over. (Did everyone but know know that the creator of American Girl dolls is named Pleasant?)